- I confirm that my details are complete and correct
- I confirm I have the right to work in the country where this job is based
- Job Title: Economist
- Job Reference: HG794059LonE
- Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive Salary
This role will require you to develop an in-depth understanding of the construction industry in major markets and regions around the world. You will be responsible for conducting in-depth market research and producing forecasts and insights that will be used by clients to inform their development strategies and commercial decisions.
GlobalData is a leading market research and analysis firm serving an extensive list of blue chip clients on a global basis. We provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets to support cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning. With over 1,000 directly employed staff, spread over 13 offices including major centres in the UK, US and India.
What you will do
- Understand macroeconomic trends and policy decisions and how they might impact the construction industry
- Develop expertise in writing insightful in-depth reports and producing updated forecasts to strict deadlines
- Produce regular written analysis on industry developments and provide commentary to media organisations on request
- Represent the company in webinars and at conferences
- Support account managers and business development teams in meeting clients’ needs
What you will bring to the table
- A minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in economics or business related discipline.
- Excellent written English
- Other languages a key advantage
- High-level quantitative skills, including knowledge of forecasting techniques and use of software (such as Excel)
- Ability to communicate with clients in a clear and engaging manner